Through its Mentoring and Leadership Development Program, the Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $30,000/four years to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice.
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior;
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States;
- Show leadership potential;
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service;
- Present evidence of financial need;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21;
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship.
The required components of the Jackie Robinson Foundation application are:
- The online application, which includes four essay questions;
- A professional, hi-resolution digital photo (headshots only, in a JPEG format) – you may submit a high school senior graduation photo;
- One letter of recommendation (e.g. a teacher, a mentor, a guidance counselor, an employer);
- SAT or ACT scores: If you have taken the SAT or ACT more than once, please enter your best scores from each test. NOTE: JRF does not consider the writing scores as part of your examination.
Having technical difficulties with the application?
Contact – infosnap, inc.
Through its Mentoring and Leadership Development Program, the Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $30,000/four years to high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice.
November 1, 2017 - Application goes live at www.jackierobinson.org
February 1, 2018 - All components of the application are due by 5 pm EST
May 2018 - Regional In-person Interviews on semi-finalists
June 15, 2018 - Final notification of application status
Note to All 2017-18 Applicants About Final Decisions
We will send out decisions electronically to the email address provided on your application in June 2018.
If you do not receive an e-mail from us before the end of June, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org